Summary of the day – Superbet Chess Classic Bucharest 2022 – May 8
The 4th round of Superbet Chess Classic Bucharest offered us the most surprises since the start of the tournament. Wesley So, Levon Aronian and Vachier-Lagrave climbed the competition rankings following victories achieved after three spectacular matches in which novel strategies and unexpected moves were not missing from their arsenal.
At the same time, our compatriot, Bogdan Deac, put last year’s champion, Sahriar Mamedyarov, in difficulty and achieved a draw after a match experienced by the fans at maximum intensity.
These are the results of the 4th round:
▪ Wesley So – Ian Nepomniachtchi 1-0
▪ Shakhriyar Mamedyarov – Bogdan Deac ½-½
▪ Alireza Firouzja – Richard Rapport ½-½
▪ Maxime Vachier-Lagrave – Fabiano Caruana 1-0
▪ Leinier Dominguez – Levon Aronian 0-1